Objective of Junior Jaycee Wing:
As the minimum age to be a Jaycee is 18 years, there was need to take the Jaycees benefits to the still younger generation studying in schools and colleges. Thus the Junior Jaycee Wing is conceived so that students below 18 years can avail for themselves all the training and other opportunities as enjoyed by a Jaycee. This ensures a foundation to join the parent organization.
1. Forming a Junior Jaycee Wing
Junior Jaycee Wing is a auxillary wing of the main Jaycee chapter (LOM) and has to be sponsored only by the parent LOM. The LOM should have minimum one year standing and should be affiliated to Junior Chamber International India.
The wing can be made of members in the age groups of 14-22 years.
There need not be only one Junior Jaycee Wing per LOM. No Junior Jaycee Wing can sponsor Junior Jaycee Wing in any other LOM.
The minimum membership strength for starting a Junior Jaycee shall be 15 no. Junior Jaycee Wing shall be recognised if the LOM is disaffiliated.
2. Code of Regulations:
The Junior Jaycee Wing shall be known as Junior Jaycee Wing of International XYZ Junior Chamber International.
b. Eligibility :
The Junior Jaycee Wing has to be sponsored/affiliated to a parent LOM. Send D.D. for Rs.500/- to get special status recognition to JCI India, National Head Quarters, along with the prescribed application in return the Chairperson will get the regular mail of JCI India.
- Junior Jaycee Wing means the Jaycee Youthwing formed by a chapter.
- Approach a college/ Hr. Secondary school in your area, through the chapter.
- Submit a request to the head of the institution, to get the permission to start a Jr. Jc. Wing.
- Chapter/LOM – means a local organization member which is duly affiliated to Junior Chamber International India.
- Parent Chapter – means the chapter which has formed the particualr J.J. Wing.
- Jaycee – means any individual who is an active member of any local chapter affiliated to Junior Chamber International India.
- Executive Committee- means the Executive Committee of the Junior Jaycee Wing Constituted as per the provisiond contained in these regulation and in the bye – laws of the J. J. Wing.
- ‘He’ – Whereever the word ‘he’ occurs it shall also mean ‘she’ unless other wise repugnant to the context in which it appears.
- JCI India – means the national organization of Junior Chamber International India.
- JCI – means Junior Chamber International.
- Membership shall be open to any youth of good character in the age group of 14 and 22 years subject to relaxation upto 24 incase of students of college and there shall be no other restriction for admission as member on the ground to colour, race creed, religion or sex.
- The procedure for admission termination for membership shall be the same as the one adopted by the parent chapter.
- No member of the J.J. Wing shall be a member of the parent chapter and no member of the parent chapter shall be eligible to become a member of the junior Jaycee Wing.
Membership Subscription shall be fixed by the executive Committee of the organization from time to time. It is essential that membership subscription should be fixed as low as possible so that more youth can be absorbed in the unit.
- The Junior Jaycee Wing shall function as part and parcel of their parent chapter under the Youth Activities portfolio. The overall control and supervision of the Junior Jaycee Wing shall rest with the LOM.
- The Junior Jaycee Wing shall have an Executive Committee Which shall formulate and implement the policy and activities of the Junior Jaycee Wing subject to the overall control of the Governing body of the parent chapter. The Executive Committee have powers to appoint sub- committees and Chairman for various activities and shall strive to achieve the objectives and purposes of the Junior Jaycee Wing.
- The executive Committee shall be comprised of a Chairman, a Vice Chairman, a Secretary, a Treasurer and three Executive Commit members. The term of office bearers shall be one year. The immediate past Chairman shall be a member of the Executive Committee.
The chairman of the Youth Activities of the parent chapter or convener of the J.J. Wing from the parent chapter shall be an ex-official member the Executive Committee. The Vice president in charge of programmes and the Treasurer of the parent chapter shall be permanent invite to the meetings of the Executive Committee and general meetings of the Junior Jaycee Wing.
- Chairman: The Chief executive of the Junior Jaycee wing shall be the Chairman he should be known only as chairman and not as President or in any other fashion. He shall Preside over all general meetings and Executive Committee meetings. He shall supervise the activities and manage the affairs of Junior Jaycee Wing under the advice of the Executive Committee.
- Vice Chairman : He shall be in charge of the functions of the Chairman in his absence and he shall also co-ordinate and supervise the planning and implementation of all the projects.
- Secretary : He shall maintain all records of the Junior Jaycee Wing, convene its meetings and record the minutes of the proceedings.
- Treasurer : He shall collect the subscription from the members and keep an account of all moneys in excess of Rs. 500/- to the treasurer of the parent chapter. He shall be entitled to keep on hand only a maximum of Rs. 500/- at any time and anything over and above this should be handed over to the treasurer of the parent chapter. He shall also maintain all vouchers and receipts and pass them on to the treasurer of the parent chapter for proper accounting.
- Executive Committee Members : They shall work as co-ordinators or Chairman, for various projects as may be decided by the Executive Committee and generally assist the chairman, Vice Chairman, treasurer and secretary in all matters.
7. Voting Right:
- Every member of the J.J. Wing who has pais his membership subscription and the ex – officio members shall have a right to vote at any general meeting of the Junior Jaycee Wing.
- Every member eligible to vote shall have one vote.
8. Bye –Laws:
- The General Assembly of the Junior wing shall have right to frame and amend its own bye laws subject to the approval of the Governing Body of parent chapter and such bye – laws shall govern the matter relating to the General meeting.
the Executive Committee meetings and project meetings and activities of the J.J. Wing and they shall fix the matters pertaining to the business to be transacted in such meetings. The bye-law shall assume office and the functions of the various bodies of the J.J. Wing and the rights and duties of its officers.
- Such bye – laws shall however, not be repugnant to the provisions contained in this Code of Regulation or to the provisions contained in this Code of Regulation or to the provisions in the constitution of the chapter.
- The Treasurer of the J.J. Wing shall collect the subscription and keep an account of the receipts and expenditure of the J.J. Wing and submit to the Treasurer of the parent chapter every month. He shall not keep more that Rs. 500/- on hand at any one time and the amount over and above this shall be handed over by him to the treasurer of the parent chapter who shall maintain a separate account for the J.J. Wing in the book of the parent chapter. The J.J. Wing shall directly raise funds only through the membership dues collected from is members and it shall not take up any independent fund raising programme of its own unless it is previously approved by the Governing body of the parent Chapter.
- The parent chapter shall allocate some provision in this budget for the activities of the J.J. Wing and the amount to be allocated shall be writhing the discretion of the Governing Body of the Parent Chapter.
- The treasurer of the parent chapter shall be in overall control and super vision of the financial matters of the J.J. Wing and the Treasurer of the J.J. Wing of the financial matters of the J.J. Wing and the treasurer of the J.J. Wing shall keep the Treasure of the parent chapter informed of the financial position of the J.J. Wings from time to time.
- The J.J. Wing shall not have a separate bank account in its name but the parent chapter shall keep the amount of the J.J. Wing under a separate ledger account or if the parent chapter so decides the funds of the J.J. Wing can be kept in a separate bank account but it can be operated only under the joint signature of the President or treasurer of the parent chapter and the Chairman of the J.J. Wing and endorsed by the Chairman of the Youth Activities or Convener of the parent chapter paid by the LOM Treasurer from the funds of the J.J. Wing.
10. Official Year:
Office year/Financial year of the J.J. Wing shall be from January to December.
1. There shall be one Annual General Meeting of the J.J. Wing every year to be held not later than 30 days from the closure of the financial year of the J.J. Wing to transact the following business.
- To receive the annual reports of Chairman, Vic -Chairman & Secretary.
- To receive the statement of account and balancesheet.
- To elect Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and three Executive Committee members and
- To transact any other business with the permission of the chair.
2. Ordinary General meetings of the J.J. Wing shall be held atleast once a month on the date. Time and place to be fixed by the Executive Committee. The E.C. shall meet atleast once a month on the date, time and place to be fixed by the Executive Committee to transact its business.
12. Circulars & Bulletins:
The circulars of meetings and project invitations be sent to members in time to the addresses of individual members. Apart from the circulars, even telephonic calls can be employed to intimate informations.
Every junior Jaycee wing is encouraged to bring out their in-house Bulletin at regular intervals, to highlight the activities of the wings and provide informative and interesting reading to its members. Even a page/column can be reserved for Junior Jaycee information in the chapter Bulletins, which will encourage Junior Jaycee involvement in Chapter activities. The funds for the Bulletins can be raised through advertisements, sponsorships and individual contribution.
- The J.J. Wing shall take up such activities as would help its members in their self-development. It shall take up such projects as-would cater to needs of the youth in the 4 areas of Education, Health, Welfare and Recreation.
- The J.J. Wing shall have such number of committees as may be required, to undertake and implement the activities under individual area of Activities Community, Area of Activities and National programme and other project. The J.J. Wing any decide to have, subject to the approval of the Governing body of the parent chapter.
The members of the J.J. Wing shall for the purpose of identification be addressed as Junior Jaycee and they shall not be described by any other name. The name of the J.J. Wing shall however, be only “J.J. Wing” and not Junior Jaycees. For the sake of identification and convenience only the members of a wing of the Jaycees chapter.
15.Relationship With Parent Chapter:
- The J.J. Wing shall be part and parcel of the parent chapter and parent chapter shall be fully responsible for all the matters which concern its J.J. Wing in their interrelationship with whatever agency – external or internal.
- The parent chapter shall have powers to frame such rule and regulations as they deem fit for effective control and supervision of its junior Jaycee Wing.
- The parent chapter shall have continuous and active association with the working of the J.J. Wing Executive Committee.
- The J.J. Wing shall adopt its annual programme planning subject to the approval of the Governing Board-of the parent chapter.
- The members of the J.J. Wing may be charged concessional rates for participation in their LOM’s activities. The J.J. Wing shall function under the youth activities of the parent chapter.
- Whenever any matter relating to J.J. Wing is discussed in the Governing Body of the parent chapter the Chairman of the J.J. Wing and the Chairman of the Vice President or Commission Chairman in-charge of the parent chapter may be invited as observers of the purpose of eliciting any information from them. But it shall be within the discretion of the Governing Board of the parent chapter to decide whether they should be present or not at such meeting.
16. Relationship of J.J. Wing with Other J.J. Wings:
The J.J. Wing of a chapter shall not organize any general event or programme with other LOMs but only with a J.J. Wing. Two or more J.J. Wing with the same city or town may however carry out any project jointly but such programmes should not be in the nature of a business meeting pertaining to J.J. Wing in general. They may however correspond freely with each other but only inorder to exchange their thoughts and experiences regarding their activities, Copies of all such correspondence should be marked to the Chairman of the Youth Activities of the Concerned parent chapters.
17. JCI/J.J. Wing Relationship:
- The J.J. Wing may correspond with Non- Co-ordinator – J.J. Wing, of JCI India with copy to Z.D., JJc and Activities Chairman of the J.J. Wing of the parent chapter.
- JCI shall make efforts to provide guidelines for the activities of the J.J. Wing from time to time.
- JCI officers shall have right to address the J.J. Wing during their chapter visits but such programmes should be arranged only with the consent and prior approval of the President of the parent chapter.
- J.J. Wing members shall be entitled to come as observes at the National Convention and multi Chapter Conferences of JCI. The parent Chapter may subsidize the registration fee of such J.J. Wing at the above conferences. It is also open to host chapter to charge confessional rates of registration fees for J.J. Wing members.
- JCI shall endeavor to arrange at least Half Day session of three hours for the J.J. Wing members at the time of the National Convention and at Multi Chapter Conferences as part of concurrent session. This session shall aim at exchanging the thoughts and ideas on the activities of the J.J. Wing of various chapters. This session may forward their recommendation to the National Governing Board of the JCI and such recommendations may be considered by the National Governing Board provided they are in the opinion of the National Executive Committee, of such importance they need to be considered by the National Governing Board.
- There shall be no separate emblem for J.J. Wing and any Wing violating this provision shall be derecognized immediately.
If any J.J. Wing violates any of provisions contained herein, it shall cease to be recognized by the respective parent chapter and the Indiana Junior Chamber and the parent chapter shall wind up the same if the J.J. Wing fails to confirms to these regulations inspire of the directive to the effect.
19. Power to Amend Etc:
The National governing Board of Junior Chamber alone shall have powers to add, to subtract from or amend, any or all of the above provisions contained in this Code of Regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEMBER:
- To actively participate in the chapter’s activities which means involvement and not mere attendance.
- To present the correct image of the movement in general and of his own chapter in particular, to any other individual or organization.
- To help in the propagation of the movement by attaching other young men into Jayceeism.
- The individual, who is concerned about his personal development, the development of his community and the development of this world, will find Junior Chamber Organization, an excellent avenue towards the achievements of his or her goals.
Developing the Whole Man
The Junior Chamber Movement is based on the concept of “Developing the whole man” i.e. You.
YOU are in the “teens” of your life, availing all formal educational avenues. Tomorrow you’ll step out in this world full of challenges & to face them with confidence & success you’ll need something “extra” besides formal education. This “extra” you.
CAN put to good use & have an edge over others, like no two fingers of your hand are like, you can not always think of success alone while translating your ambitions in to deeds so to.
BETTER yourself, you need to develop your skills & then think of sure shot sauces. From here onwards you’ll find the way to your destination. This you can’t do by
YOURSELF With no one to guide. Such guidance is available to your from Junior Chamber.
ONLY eligibility condition being the “urge to learn in you and
IF you have that & are prepared to give a bit of your effort. This